Saturday, February 9, 2008

Some of the fabric we have collected...
Brian hard at work cutting fabric
This is what the scrapbook will look like. Your wish can be handwritten.

We having been working on the 100 Good wishes Quilt for Amelia since early 20007. The instructions are to the right of the page. We have some fabrics from people who we don't know at all and then the fabrics we have purchased. We are now ready to get fabric from family and friends. Don't worry if you don't want to cut the fabric. Just send the fabric and the wish and I will take care of that part. It takes about 1/4 yard to get what we need. I have to pre-wash, iron, rotary cut, then get a small part to attach to the wish. Feel free to send a family photo with the wish. I am making a special scrapbook including the wishes and a small scrap. We are excited. I can't sew anything. We are going to have it done by someone who quilts. We will cut all the fabric to save money. Who knew Brian was so good with a rotary cutter?

2 comments:

susiemav said...

You know I am no Nancy Asher but I will get to work on my square. I am not short on wishes, just creativity. We are praying for Amelia to be a part of our family very soon.

callie's mom said...

We think some "lovely Army camo" would be fitting! I did not know you guys were in the process of doing this or we would have already participated. There is no doubt that all these wishes will come true, most of all our wish for Amelia herself! Greg, Callie and I pray for you every night in our prayers before bedtime. Amelia is already a part of our family we just have not been blessed with her presence yet...that will be here soon. Always remember Gdd has a plan for everyone and everything. We don't always agree with his timeline, but rest assured the timeline does exist. We love you and will get that piece of "hidden" fabric to you soon (along with Brian's Christmas present from 2006!). xoxoxo